24 Oct 2019
- Q3 net revenues $2.55 billion; gross margin 37.9%; operating margin 13.1%; net income $302 million
- YTD net revenues $6.80 billion; gross margin 38.4%; operating margin 10.9%; net income $640 million
- Business outlook at mid-point: Q4 net revenues up about 5.0% Q/Q and gross margin of about 38.2%
Geneva, October 24, 2019 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, reported U.S. GAAP financial results for the third quarter ended September 28, 2019. This press release also contains non-U.S. GAAP measures (see Appendix for additional information).
ST reported third quarter net revenues of $2.55 billion, gross margin of 37.9%, operating margin of 13.1%, and net income of $302 million or $0.34 diluted earnings per share.
Jean-Marc Chery, STMicroelectronics President & CEO, commented:
“Third quarter net revenues grew 17.5% sequentially, above the mid-point of our guidance of 15.3%, driven by engaged customer programs and new products in, as expected, a soft legacy automotive and industrial market.
- “Our third quarter operating margin was 13.1% and we returned to positive free cash flow while investing in key programs for our growth over the mid-term.
- “ST’s fourth quarter outlook, at the mid-point, is for net revenues to grow sequentially about 5.0%, translating into year-over-year growth of about 1.2%; gross margin is expected to be about 38.2%, including about 120 basis points of unsaturation charges.
- “For the full year 2019, we expect net revenues at the mid-point to be about $9.48 billion, accompanied by a double-digit operating margin performance.”
from Electronics Maker https://ift.tt/360tqW3